SLM: Vibrating Fork Level Sensor
Item Code: SLM
- Universal Power Supply: 18-55V DC and 90-265V AC
- Application Temperature Range : up to 250°C
- Output Options: 1/2 SPDT Relay
- Process Connections: Screwed Thread & Flanges
- Calibration Free, Independent of Materials Di-electric Properties
- No moving parts longer running life
- Certifications: Flameproof Housing IIA & IIB
A specially shaped tuning fork is kept vibrating using piezo-electric elements. The oscillation of the fork damps when in contact with the material. The loss of oscillation amplitude is detected and used for switching a relay. The output contacts of the relay are in turn used for annunciation or control.
In the brewery industry, raw materials require vibrating forks for level detection purposes.
- Barley Grains
- Mash Tun
These small and light-weight PET chips can be detected with the help of a vibration type level switch.
- Plastic Chips
- PVC Chips