SLM: Vibrating Fork Level Sensor
Item Code: SLM
Vibrating Fork Level Limit Switch for free flowing Solids, Granules and Powders
A specially shaped tuning fork is kept vibrating using piezo-electric elements. The oscillation of the fork damps when in contact with the material. The loss of oscillation amplitude is detected and used for switching a relay. The output contacts of the relay are in turn used for annunciation or control.
- Suitable for detection of underwater chips
- Configured for high and low level fail-safe detection.
- Non-stick PTFE/Halar coatings are also available for special applications.
- Variation of electrical characteristics of the service material such as conductivity and dielectric constant do not affect its operation.
- For more specific details on vibrating fork level sensors refer to Vibrating fork level sensor comparison