SLM: Vibrating Fork Level Sensor
Item Code: SLM
Vibrating Fork Level Limit Switch for free flowing Solids, Granules and Powders
- Application Temperature Range : up to 250° C
- Calibration Free, Independent of Materials Di-electric Properties
- No moving parts longer running life
- Certifications: Flame Proof Housing IIA & IIB
A specially shaped tuning fork is kept vibrating using piezo-electric elements. The oscillation of the fork damps when in contact with the material. The loss of oscillation amplitude is detected and used for switching a relay. The output contacts of the relay are in turn used for annunciation or control.
- Independent of material’s electrical properties
- High temperature durability (up to 200°C)
- Suitable for detection of underwater chips
- Configured for high and low level fail-safe detection.
- Insensitive to mechanical vibrations and material build-up
- No moving parts, maintenance-free
- Variation of electrical characteristics of the service material such as conductivity and dielectric constant do not affect its operation.
- Non-stick PTFE/Halar coatings are also available for special applications.
- Pulverized Coal
- Powders, sand and sugar
- Material Handling
- Granular material